Instill enduring values and excellence in learning fundamental knowledge of automobile engineering, in universally relevant context for industry and society.
- Conducive environment for learning practical applications of latest technology through state of the art laboratory facilities.
- Interaction with industry experts, visits to automotive industry and automotive research organizations.
- Motivate and support students for participating in national level competition events for out of class room practical learning for hands on practice and development of a professional with ability to work in team and problem solving.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics. science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Engineering Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of solutions: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and it tools including and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environments and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in social and environments contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communications: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and writ effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Ability to adapt contemporary automotive technologies to cater the needs of industry and society.
- Ability to apply the knowledge gained from modern designing tools for developing future automotive technological products.
- Capability to take up innovative projects and inculcate entrepreneurship thinking process.
- Learning through experiments conducted in various laboratories along with its evaluation and data interpretation.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary squads, related to automobile engineering.
- An ability to connect efficiently with latest and modern-day technological developments by acquiring skills, expertise and modern engineering tools used in automobile engineering industries.